The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lord Sesshomaru: Some Thoughts on CosPlaying a One-Armed Character


pawpawpawpawpaw


Sesshomaru the One Armed Demon

Or Some Thoughts on CosPlaying a One-Armed Character

For those not in the know, early in the series, Seshomaru lost his left arm in battle, which posses an interesting question for CosPlayers who take on the role of Lord Sesshomaru: How do you deal with acting out a one armed character?

If you are not familiar with the series than you may end up confused when one day you see an episode where Sesshomaru has both arms: answer, his lord demoness has wizard-like powers and had made a few strange attempts at cutting off human arms and useing them as his own, but this never works for long and soon he's back to being a one-armed demon again. Eventualy he does grow his arm back by the end of the series, but that's like 130 episodes later.

So the question placed on the CosPlayer is this: When playing Lord Sesshomaru, and you have two arms, how do you explain this to the mobs of crazed fangirls that hunt you down at the conventions?

Do you tell them you are acting Sesshomaru before the battle that lost him his arm?

Do you really get into character and tell them you've stolen yet another human arm, and that if they don't get their sorry pathetic human bodies away from you, you may take their arm too just in case this one doesn't work out?

Or do you tell them you are playing Sesshomaru after having regrown his arm?



Or is it that the fangirls are just so out of it that they forgot all about the fact that Sesshomaru only had one arm 90% of the time so they never noticed and thus never asked you about it anyways?

I guess the question really is, just how far into character do you really get, when you are in character as Lord Sesshomaru, and if all the little details are so very important, than why don't more Sesshomaru CosPlayers, have their left arm, bound and hidden within the folds of their costume?

I know, I'm weird, but like I said, I obsess over details when I make a costume, and dealing with a one armed character played by a two armed actor is one of those details that I find myself obsessing over.

Any thoughts on this?



What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




No comments:

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker