The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Fabric Arrives From Japan and... is lost???


pawpawpawpawpaw


Okay. So you know by now that I've been waiting for my handwoven silk to arrive from Japan, right? Well, Saturday I get a slip in the mailbox, telling me that I have a registered parcel from Japan to pick up. Because of Sunday and Memorial Day on Monday, they tell me to pick it up on Tuesday (today), which I did. The guy goes out back to get my box, than comes back to tell me that not only is it not there, but they have no record of ever giving me this slip telling me it had arrived! So he gets the post master and he looks through their records and it just is not written down anywhere, so he goes on the website, and tracks it that way, and finds out, that yep, sure enough the box is here somewhere, they just don't know where it went since it was on the truck, because who ever it was that was supposed to write the info on the charts did not write it down!

Nest the postmaster starts calling the local distribution centers to see if any of them had the box. None of them did, so he started calling the local Post Offices to see if somehow it had gotten sent to the wrong office. He called about 20 different offices. Nope, none of them had it. Next he starts calling the delivery men. One of them, thinks he has it on his truck, but is uncertain why he has it or how it got on his truck! I'm to go back tommorrow and see if it's back at the office yet.

In the mean time while I was waiting 45 minutes for them to find out where they had lost my box too, there was a protest going on outside on the front steps of the Post Office, so I went out to see what they were protesting about... hey, you know me, any excuse to cause trouble, right? =P So I listened to what they had to say, and why they were saying it, and they made a good case, so I signed their petition sheets. Hope they win their cause, glad that the Post Office had given them permission to sit out front and hand out their info.

So, all I accomplished with that was to find out that the Post Office had yet again misplaced one of my packages (they lose about 3 each year, tells you how much stuff I get in the mail! 0.O) and I added my name to yet another protester's petition list. (I should go around asking folks: "Hey you got a petition you want me to sign... give it here, let me sign it!"... boy do I sign an awful lot of them. Is it that we have a lot of petitioning going on around here or is it just because I'm nosy and have to find out why people are protesting whenever I see a group marching around with signs? Must be the fact that I live in a college community.



What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




No comments:

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker