The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Thursday, May 15, 2008

O! M! G! I found a Saimyoushou Hive For My costume!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkk!


pawpawpawpawpaw



Okay, so I didn't plan on anything that happened today. It was a really weird day. Started like this:

I heard back from the eBay seller, about how much the shipping for fabric I won was, and so I paid him, and now I can just sit back and wait for my 57 yards of handwoven white Japanese silk to get here, so I can finally get started on my Lord Sesshomaru costume. YAAA! All these weeks of talking about it, and I've finally getting the fabric to make it! OMG! OMG! You have no idea how hard it is to locate historically accurate 15" wide handwoven white silk, like what would have been used in the 1500's to make Lord Sesshomau's costume! I'm so happy! It's coming from Japan though so will take about 5 weeks to get here! Must find something to do to keep myself busy while I wait.

I was just planning on making one costume, but hell, I bought 5 bolts of the fabric, so now I'm making ALL FOUR of them! WOO-HOO! I only need to make one hakama to use with all 4 costumes, but each costume has a different kimono. I bought enough fabric to make all four kimonos and the hakama. I have never bought so much fabric all at once like this before. I don't even know where I'm going to keep it once it gets here!

Okay, so that was my high time for the day and it came first thing in the morning to keep me going the rest of the day.

Well, than one unexpected thing happened after another, mostly boreing stuff, but not planned, and one thing lead to another and for some odd reason, I ended up in Dick's Sportswear today. Not a store I normally go to as I have no interest in sports what so ever, but my brother needed a new bar for his weights so I was in there to pick it up for him, and while I was waiting in the super long line, I noticed an elderly woman holding the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. I have no idea what the thing is exactly or why a sports supply store would have it, but it sure as hell looked like a Saimyoushou Hive. OMG! I can't believe I found a Saimyoushou Hive for my costume!

I went over to the woman and asked her what it was, and she said she had no idea but it was pretty and so she was buying it, and she showed me the box where she had found it and there were a whole bunch more of them. It is apparently so kind of weighted exercise ball, to tone your muscles. It's made out of a clear rubbery plastic and filled with gold glitter suspended in oil. At the slightest movement the glitter swirls furiously around inside of it, like a shimmering snow globe. It's utterly stunning to see the way the lights bounce off of it and radiate around the room. I have never seen anything like it before. Once I had it in my hand it was like it was attached there and no force on earth could pull it from my grasp. When I bought it the girl at the counter said she and the other workers had been playing with them all day, that they had just gotten them in this morning and everybody was buying them. I can see why. I didn't let go of the thing for almost 3 hours, and now it's sitting on the shelf while I type.

But anyways, it solved the problem as to what to do with my costume, which episode should I make it to match. And also ended my fussing over making a costume for a one-armed character. In the episode "Sesshomaru and Naraku Join Forces" Sesshomau has two arms, and he's seen carrying around a gold swirling Saimyoushou Hive. I never even considered doing this episode because I didn't think there would be anyway to make an accurate looking Saimyoushou Hive. I was wrong, and now I have a Saimyoushou Hive.



What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker