The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Monday, May 26, 2008

Patterns for Dagger Costume from Final Fantasy 9


pawpawpawpawpaw


I was helping a fellow CosPlayer find info for a costume today, and I ended up do way more research than I had intended to do, and well, now I have a post for my blog from it. So if any one out there is looking for the patterns to make Princess Garnet-Dagger from Final Fantasy 9, or any other character from any other video game, anime, or manga, that requires a pouffy sleeved blouse and a unitard, than here are the patterns you could use for it.

You can actually buy the unitard here or here.

That is not something most pattern companies are going to have. You have asked the right person for help though, cause I do theater and dance costumes too, and I know where to find patterns for those. KwikSew sells specialty dance wear patterns, and they have several different unitard patterns.

To make it, I would try using one of these patterns and alter the neckline:

KwikSew Pattern 3273

KwikSew Pattern 3052

KwikSew Pattern 2633

KwikSew Pattern 2722

For the blouse, that'd be pretty easy to find. A lot of companies have some like it. Here's a few that might work, all a a bit different, some would be a "reinterpretation" of the original look, but all would work:


KwikSew: Pattern 3065 or Pattern 3062

Simplicty: 3887 or 4177

McCalls: M5050 or M5469

Folkwear: #103

Vogue: V8032 or V8453 or V8289

If it was me, I think I'd use This one for the blouse, because I like this one the best: McCalls M5050

Of course, I could be thinking of entirely a different costume, and than none of this would be very helpful to you.



What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker