The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Friday, May 30, 2008

SCA Silk Road - What's New?


pawpawpawpawpaw


SCA Silk Road - What's New?

What a great post! Okay, here's my answers:

What's the newest project you're working on?


My Lord Sesshomaru Costume. I started planning it in March, and I'm still working out all the details and such. He's a fictional character from a historical fantasy book, but I'm treating this costume like it was a real historical figure from history, and so I'm doing all kinds of research into the real history of his time period, so that I can make his wardrobe as historically accurate as possible. When I say wardrobe I do mean wardrobe too. I'm not just making one outfit from the series (54 volumes in the series so far), I'm making every single item he ever wore in the series; which at my last count was 5 kimono, 3 jubans, 2 hakama, 4 different suits of Samuri armor, and about 40 separate accessory items (obi, shoes, fur stole, etc). Looking at everything I need to make, I think all together it's going to take me about 3 or maybe 4 years to do, because I'm hand sewing everything and I'm hand embroidering all the silk too.

What's the newest research you're doing?


I'm buried in books I took out from 5 different libraries (37 books in all), about Japanese cloths from the 1500's, Samurai armor, swords, life in Japanese villages during the 1500's, authentic sewing and embroidery techniques used in 1500's Japan, etc, etc, etc. All of this is in preparation to make the my Lord Sesshomaru costume mentioned above.

What's the newest book you've gotten?


I haven't bought any books in a few weeks, mostly because I've been so busy at the library taking out books for research! LOL!

What's the newest item of garb you've made?


Last I made was a "Navajo" style tiered skirt, out of dark jewel toned velvets. It's not accurate to any one period, but can be worn with most all periods in most cultures, so it's one of my "wear it in a pinch" items.

I'll be starting on embroidering my Lord Sesshomaru's "pink lotus blossom" kimono in a few days.



What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker