The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Skits On Forums? Seeking Members? Does It Work?


pawpawpawpawpaw


I found an interesting question on CosPlay.com, and felt the need to comment on it.



You know, actually, before finding this forum 3 months ago, I never would have considered asking for group members via a forum. The thought just never would have occurred to me. I was looking for a group a while back, for a script I wrote and wanted to enter in a local Ren Faire, (I do historical reenactment type stuff) but I never did find anyone to do it. (My own fault, cause I hadn't preplanned what I wanted to do, and pretty much did nothing...I'm reworking what I'll do next time so, I'll be better prepared.)

I can write the skits, and sew the costumes, but get me on a stage and I freeze, LOL! So I have to find other people to actually do a performance. I've planned a couple of different skits, but so far never had enough interest to get them up and running.

Anyway, my first thought, was to place an ad in local college newspapers, and my second thought was to make up a flyer to hand out at local theaters (there are about 30 small theaters and about 10 mid sized theaters, plus 4 big ones, and one "international" one, all less than 40 mins from my house, cause I live in "the arts district"), and ask for skit actors that way. I have not yet done either of those things yet, but that's what I will be doing next time another local Ren Faire shows up.

So, I was wondering, for CosPlay skits, have any of you ever tried asking local stage actors or drama students? I'm sure you'd have better luck that way, than on a forum, because those guys are actually LOOKING for performances, plus they are local so you could get better organized with them.

Just a thought any ways. I don't know if it would work or not, but it seems like it would.

Never having been to a Con I can't say as I have ever seen or not seen a skit taken from a forum call for members. I do however find it wierd, calling for skit members via a forum. CosPlayers on CosPlay.com are from countries all over the world, so it would seem futile to ask for group members to your local Con. Asking millions of people, seems to me, a mistake, as the one or two people who you could rely on to join, are not likely to find your thread. It seems more logical to go to the Con's website and ask on their forum. That way, at least you'd be asking other folks who are planning to attend the same Con as you.

Well, that's my thoughts on it anyways.

What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo

No comments:

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker