The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Sunday, May 18, 2008

What is everyone's favorite period of dress?


pawpawpawpawpaw


Was over on CosPlay.com reading posts, this one needed me to repost it on my blog:

    [QUOTE=Beware_UY7;501331]I was just working on a victorian dress for a musical that I'm currently in and a question came to me...
    What is everyone's favorite period of dress?
    [/QUOTE]


    I wear period cloths 24/7, I started doing it about 15 years ago. Over the years I've tried a little bit of everything, at first I wore certain styles because I liked the "look", but after a while I quickly learned that many of the looks I like were sheer hell the actually wear,:bigcry: and after a while what I like changed.

    Originally I was "in love" with Victorian, big bouffant skirts, tiny waists, lots of frills.

    Today? I live in French Revolution Empire gowns and Japanese kimonos, over worn with huge capes (instead of coats).

    The empire gown looks amazing and is a dream to wear, plus I made 4 of them in one day, cause they are so simple to make. I make hem out of thin calico cottons for summer wear and panne` velvets for winter wear.

    Over my empire gowns I wear Japanese kimonos (my grandmother brought them back from Japan 40 years ago, they are antiques). I wear them layered the way women wore them in the 1500's

    My capes are of near east Normad style... huge cape, 7 yards of fabric, with a big billowing hood. I make them out of panne velvet and wear them year round.





What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




No comments:

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker