The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Monday, June 16, 2008

Lord Sesshomaru's Hair vs Sakura Wigs (The Company not The Character)


pawpawpawpawpaw


Well, I searched for info on Sakura Wigs, but all that came back was wigs for a character named Sakura and nothing about the wig company called: Sakura Wigs, so I'm starting this post to ask about them.

I was thinking of buying a Sakura Wigs unstyled wig and styling it myself. I was wondering, though, before I do this, has anyone here ever bought an unstyled wig from this company? If so, what could you tell me about them?

How does the fiber quality compare to other wig companies? Are they any easier or harder to style than other companies?

I'm planning to buy two or possibly three of their wigs (each a different color: B05, B06, W01) and using one as a "base wig", and the second and third wig I'll be cutting the fibers out of, and using to blend with the fibers of the first wig. In other words I'm essentially taking the two wigs apart and making one wig out of them, more or less making my own wig from scratch, so to speak. Has anyone ever tried using one of these wigs do do anything like this before? If so, how did that work out?

Or, I may just totally disassemble all three of them and make my own wefts and build the whole wig from scratch, not using any of these as a base at all.

If anyone has bought any wigs from this company, could you share any experiences you had with the company? (Good or bad.) Fast shipping? Slow shipping? Customer service? Communication? Can you think of anything else to tell me about this company and their wigs, that I didn't think to ask?

I want a super pale nearly white, icy blue wig, and I think I can make the look I want by using the three wig color blend they sell. I have looked and looked, but I just can't find 50" long wafts in the shades of blue I want, except for in these wigs here, which is why I plan to buy the wigs and disassemble them, unless of course anyone knows where I can find wefts in those colors that are long enough. (This wig is for my Lord Sesshomaru costume and his hair is 50" - 60" long... so far the longest wefts I've seen are 48", so I'll have to settle for making his hair shorter.)

Here is what I am making, and thus the color mix I'm trying to achieve:


This one shows how long it needs to be, or as close to as possible:



Also has anyone ever made a super long wig? If anyone has any advice on making long wigs like this, or on making Sesshomaru's big pouffy bangs, I'd love to hear that too.


What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker