The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pattern Making Software and Selling Patterns?


pawpawpawpawpaw


I do a lot of sewing of things for which their are no patterns, and so I usually end up drawing up my own patterns (all hand drawn on paper, of drawn directly onto the fabric, just using my own measurements.) I do a lot of what would classify as costumes or fantasy or period type stuff, and got to thinking that I can't be the only one frustrated by the lack of patterns for these items, I should sell these patterns. Problem is, I have no idea how to get my patterns printed up.

I've been thinking of starting a pattern making business for a few years now, but was never sure how to go about it. Today I was looking up some stuff and I cam across this software program for folks who want to make patterns to sell. And so, I was wondering has anybody here ever tried the Pattern Maker Software program? ( http://www.patternmakerusa.com/PatternMaker%20Store/gradever.html ) If you've ever used it, could you tell me, how does it work, and what exactly does it do? Would you recommend it? Or if you have tried a similar software by a different company, could you tell me about that one and why you like it?

If anyone has any type of advice they could offer as to how to go about making patterns for selling, or printing them up I'd love to hear it.

Also if there is anyone here who already sells their own patterns, could you tell me how you got started? Do you have any advice for someone just starting out?

Thanks!





What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo




Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker