The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Friday, June 6, 2008

Q & A Time Again: 10 Costuming Questions


pawpawpawpawpaw



1. What is your dirty little secret when it comes to costume construction?
A. I rarely do hand sewing for the seams... my sewing machine is much faster, so if the stitching can't be seen from the outside, my sewing machine did it!

2. What are you the most proud of when it comes to your costume construction?
A. My embroidery, pleats, and beading details. I can embroider, pleat, or hand bead for hours on end, and I don't mind taking weeks and weeks to do it if it means getting the look I want to achieve.

3. Which of your costumes do you think you look the best in?
A. My green cotton calico "Sense and Sensibility" empire dress worn with a blue velvet Burnoose. I looked so good in it and it was so comfortable to wear, that I went back and made 3 more of the same dress in different colors.

4. What style of costume would you never be caught dead in?
A. Wasp waist. AGH! I couldn't even imagine corseting my waist a few inches smaller, let alone to the tiny 18 to 20 inches of a wasp waist dress!

5. What was your all-time favorite Halloween costume?
A. Miss Piggy from the Muppet Show... my mom was a seamstress and she did the whole thing extremely accurate, from the purple silk gown to the sculpted felt full head mask, that looked exactly like the puppet on the show!

6. If time/money/skill was no object, what would you be for Halloween this year?
A. A historically accurate version of Lord Sesshomaru... which btw, I am making. Skill is no object, I can hand sew and embroider, and plan to teach myself armor work so I can make the battle armor... it's time and money that are holding me up... I need more of both.

7. Which is more important to you in a costume - style, or comfort?
A. It has to have a style I like and will wear, before I will make it, however, if it is not comfortable I won't make it no matter how much I like the style.

8. What comfort do you refuse to give up when wearing a costume?
A. None. I'm a life actor and for me lack of comfort is not an option because I have to wear these things 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

9. Where is the strangest place you've ever worn a costume?
A. uhm... see last answer. Every where, I suppose. Only I don't find it to be strange, everyone who sees me does though. I get hounded with questions up one side and down the other about my cloths and why I'm dressed the way I am... they expect me to tell them I'm on my way to a costume party or something, and when I tell them otherwise they don't know how to respond... it's crazy, because people assume I'm wearing a costume and once I tell them these are my normal cloths they do a double take and than millions of questions as to how I got started and why I do this.

10. If you see a non-costuming friend or coworker while you are in costume, would you go say "Hi!" or run and hide?
A. I usually say hi and THEY run and hide.




What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!



pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo
Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker