The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

NaNoWriMo RE: The Year of Doing Big, Fun, Scary Things Together 2010 Edition


pawpawpawpawpaw







black birdfall leaves centerblack bird



Well, it's that time of year again. NaNoWriMo is over, Script Frenzy is a few months away, and that can only mean one thing:

It's time for: The Year of Doing Big, Fun, Scary Things Together contest!!! YAY!



Home » Forums » December and Beyond! » The Year of Doing Big, Fun, Scary Things Together



kaliawai512Glowing Halo
Big, Fun, Scary Lists
Winner!
250,065 / 50,000
Official Participant
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: Denton, TX, U.S.A.
Posts: 239
Posted on:
Dec 1, 2009 - 20 08
I noticed that there are a lot of individual BFS lists on this forum, so I thought maybe I could start a thread for everyone to list their BFS lists, if they haven't done so somewhere else already, and if they would like to here. :)
What do you want to do for 2010? What challenges do you present to yourself? What are you undertaking?
Here is mine for 2010:





[quote=kaliawai512]
What do you want to do for 2010?
What challenges do you present to yourself?
What are you undertaking?
[/quote]

The 2 that I know I will do are:

- Win Script Frenzy 2010
- Win NaNoWriMo 2010

Those two are the easy things on my list, that there is no question that I can and will do them. ;) They are both big and scary and definitely fun, but small compared to the rest of my list.

As usual, I will give myself a nice long list and hope I'll get at least one or two things checked off. And, as usual, some of the things on my list are *little* big scary things and others are *huge* near impossible big scary things. All are things I want to do, and who knows, maybe this will be the year that I actually get then done!

=============
* * * MY LIST * * *
=============

(NOTE: The goal numbers are not in order of importance, just in the order that I thought of them.)

Goal #1:

- Continue my multi year winning streak, by winning again next year:
- - - - Win NaNoWriMo 2010.
- - - - Make 2010 my first ever win at Script Frenzy.

- Become the local ML for Script Frenzy

Goal #2:

- Expand on my 2009 Big Scary Winner. Last year I started an online Etsy store, sewed up a few dozen voodoo dolls (and 2 voodoo owls), and have made a few sales. That was my goal and I did it. This year, I want to expand that by:
- - - - Make more voodoo dolls to sell.
- - - - Design *evil voodoo Santa dolls* to sell.
- - - - Design *voodoo cat dolls* to sell.
- - - - Design *evil voodoo bunnies* to sell.
- - - - Design *voodoo chicken dolls* to sell.

- Expand my line beyond emo/goth dolls by:
- - - - Design some none emo/goth dolls to sell. (That may be hard! LOL!)
- - - - Reteach myself to crochet (it's been 20+ years since I did it!).
- - - - Make crocheted Granny Square/Hippy Bags to sell.
- - - - Figure out how to make a beaded necklace I designed, than make a bunch of them to sell.

- Expand my line of custom fabrics (which are used to make my dolls.)
- - - - Start selling the fabric yardages to customers.
- - - - Come up with more craft items I can sew out of my fabric lines.

- Find a way to reach more customers and make more sales.
- - - - Via online marketing.
- - - - Via off line marketing.
- - - - Find a way to make enough income via Etsy, to never have to work a day job again.

Goal #3:

- Celebrate my 6th year on Zazzle:
- - - - Create a new line of paintings, drawings, and photography.
- - - - Restock my art supplies: get new brushes, paints, etc.
- - - - Find ways to reach more customers.
- - - - Advance my sales from a level two seller (selling $100+ per month) to a level three seller (selling $500+ per month).
- - - - Focus more on photography, taking photos of famous local places.
- - - - Find a way to make enough income via Zazzle, to never have to work a day job again.

Goal #4:

- Get The Rabbit Hole off paper and into production.
- - - - Set up an online store for it, possibly on Etsy.
- - - - Make patterns for my dress/fashion designs.
- - - - Create even more dress designs.
- - - - Design a new line of fabric just for these dresses.
- - - - Sew up and than sell the dresses online, possibly on Etsy.
- - - - Continue to work on my goal of turning The Rabbit Hole into an actual brick and mortar dress shop in Portland.

Goal #5:

- Celebrate my 3rd year on Squidoo:
- - - - Update and refresh my old articles.
- - - - Write several new articles.
- - - - I just reached my goal of having 500 articles on Squidoo before the end of 2009, with 507 articles published; expand that in 2010 to at least 600 articles published.
- - - - Find a way to make enough income via Squidoo, to never have to work a day job again.

Goal #6:

- Find a way to make enough income via my writing, art, and sewing to never have to work a day job again, so that I can focus on working from home as a full time writer, artist, and craftswoman. (See Goals #1 - 5.)

Goal #7:

- Move to Portland and:
- - - - Buy the 1700's sea captain's mansion at 300 Danforth Street and turn it into my private studio where I can work on even more books, paintings, dolls, and dresses.
- - - - Focus my energy of getting my plays produced at several of the dozens of theaters in Portland.
- - - - Expand my feral cat rescue operation (The Pidgie Fund) so we can house more than 20 cats at a time --- thinks of those huge bedrooms in the Danforth Street Manor, any cat's dream come true!

Goal #8:

- Make more money so I can afford to rescue more cats.

(No, 19 cats is NOT enough - there are so many more homeless cats out there who need my help. Yes, I AM going to try to save them ALL. No, I'm not Wonder Woman, but heck, you can't stop me for trying!)

Goal #9:

- Get my car paid off.
- Than have it restored and pimped out.
- And have a Trans Am hood bird put on it's hood.
- Continue to ignore people who laugh at the fact that this car is an ancient Volvo "not worth restoring".
- Get a Peugeot 505 to likewise restore and pimp.

(Yes, I do like metal flake and shag on types of cars you'd least expect to see flaked and shagged. No, I don't care what any one thinks. Yes, I like little European cars. And who says only big Cadillacs can get pimped out? I'll pimp any car I feel like pimping.)

Goal #9.A:

- Get driver's license. This has been on my BFS List every single year.

(Yep, I'm almost 40, have two cars, plan on getting a third, and I have never yet gotten a driver's license. HUGE phobia's need dealing with here.)

Goal #10:

- Continue to expand on my writing career:
- - - - Continue writing, editing, and publishing short stories and plays.
- - - - Work on getting a novel published.
- - - - Continue my multi-year goal of writing a minimum of 1,000 words a day no less than five days a week.
- - - - Figure out a way to salvage my mangled up 2009 NaNovel so it can be published.
- - - - Become a "professional/produced" playwright, as opposed to my current status of a "hobbiest/unproduced" playwright.
- - - - Make a serious effort to actually finish writing SHIVER (an anthology of 13 one act plays).
- - - - Spend the summer/fall trying to get at least one of the "SHIVER" plays produced at a local theater.
- - - - Revise and re-release my long out of print Twighlight Manor series, possibly combining it's dozens of chapbooks, pulps, and short stories into an anthology.
- - - - Work on my idea for rewriting the Twighlight Manor series into a series of short one act plays.

Goal #11:

- Read one book a week or 52 books in 2010.

Goal #12:

- Take a trip to Bar Harbor and take lots of pictures.
- Take a trip to France and take lots of pictures.
- Take a trip to Papua New Guinea and take lots of pictures.
- Think of other places to visit and go.
- Sell pictures from trips on my Zazzle store.

Goal #13:

- Get another dog. (My Buddy died during NaNoWriMo 2008.) Preferably from the Cocker Spaniel Rescue.

Goal #14:

- Try to obsess about things less.
- Keep depression under control.
- Try to obsess about things less.
- Keep OCD under control.
- Try to obsess about things less.
- Find ways to overcome at least a few of the things on my mile long list of phobias.
- Try to obsess about things less.
- Continue working on my Agoraphobia problem. I'm now a "recovering Agoraphobic" - I actually have left the yard a few times this year. Need to become a "recovered Agoraphobic" now.
- Try to obsess about things less.
- Think happy thought and avoid suicide temptations.
- Try to obsess about things less.
- Find ways to deal with the fact that "normal" people are never going to be able to come to terms with the fact that I have Schizotypal Asperger's Syndrome (This means I'm an Autistic person who also has Schizophrenia and Obsessive Complusive Disorder.)
- Try to obsess about things less.
- I really need to try to obsess about things less. It's a huge problem.

Goal #15:

- Think of more goals to add t this list, because, you know, 15 just isn't enough. =P

Incubus: Fear the Night!



http://twitter.com/EelKat
http://www.facebook.com/EelKat
http://eknano.blogspot.com
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/132659
http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/user/132659


What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!


Obsessed? I'm Not Obsessed... REALLY, I'm not!


When Next You See Me I'll Look Like This:





pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo
Post a Comment

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker