The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Etsy RE: Quit Your Day Job.....What Is Your Day Job?


pawpawpawpawpaw






black birdfall leaves centerblack bird

I just found out Etsy has a forum. You can expect to see me less often on other places for the next few weeks while I go through reading the entire site. ;) There 5 minutes and I'm already posting answers! :)


Quit Your Day Job.....What Is Your Day Job?


indiepin says:
Hello!
well after a recent Storque reading binge, I read most of the QYDJ articles and it got me intrigued as to what most Etsians do for their "real" day job (if they've not already quit and gone full time on Etsy, that is).
I'll start, and I'd love to know what you folks do!
I graduated from University with a Psychology degree in the summer into the harsh economic climate of the recession and so at the moment Etsy is my main "job". However, I am also a professional magician, so I end up spending most evenings working events!

Who's next?




When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them: I'm an artist and author.

My blog's bio-intro reads:

"You have reached the official blog of Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat. I am an author, artist, fashion designer, doll maker, rooster and feral cat rescuer, Squidoo addict, alien contactee, 5 time NaNoWriMo winner, CosPlayer, Steampunk life actor, huge Sesshomaru fan, vegetarian animal rights activist, and the original outspoken Proctor and Gamble Boycotter, who lives on a farm in Old Orchard Beach, Maine."

Yeah, basically what it says there, that's my "day job".

About 90% of my income comes from my art sales on Zazzle.

My second largest source of income is Squidoo but this is keeping in mind that I am listed as one of Squidoo's top 10 highest paid members as well, due to the fact that I am there #3 member for having made the most lenses at 507 articles written and more on the way - I am in the extreme minority on Squidoo, most folks barely make a few cents per month, so don't go quit your day job than join Squidoo thinking you'll make a full time income there like I do, because out of 800,000+ members there are less than 30 of us that make that much money there!

In addition to writing non-fiction and how to stuff online, offline I'm an author of short stories, chap books, novellas, horror, sci-fi, romance, The Twighlight Manor Series, and a couple of novels. I also write doll pattern booklets and non-fiction books about ufology, alien abduction, and crytozoology.

I also have been an Avon Sales Rep since 1997, but I basically sell it so that I can buy their products for my own use at huge discounts, so it's not really a big source of income.

Additionally I'm an on call temp/seasonal sales associate and fitting room attendant for Macy's, so I work there off and on for a total of about 8 weeks a year, usually during the Christmas season.

The rest of my income is spread out across CafePress, Associated Content, eBay, Amazon, LuLu, LinkShare Affiliate Programs, and of course Etsy is my newest addition to my income stream and hopefully in the long run will become my top source of income.

My goal is to have my Etsy store bringing in $5,000 per year by 2012, and expanding that goal to $20,000 per year in the long run once I've got it fully set up and established.

In short, my career is to do whatever pops into my head at the moment and find a way to make money at it for a strange assortment of multi-streaming incomes, so I don't end up having all my eggs in one basket.

Waiting for Emmett to come.





http://twitter.com/EelKat
http://www.facebook.com/EelKat
http://eknano.blogspot.com
http://eelkat.wordpress.com
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/132659
http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/user/132659






What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!


Obsessed? I'm Not Obsessed... REALLY, I'm not!


When Next You See Me I'll Look Like This:





pawpawpawpawpaw



-------------
If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo

No comments:

More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



Elf Cosmetics

NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

Bare Necessities

usolympicshop.com

New and improved 468x60 creative

Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

Promgirl

Old Pueblo Traders

Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

Hawaiian Bath & Body

HearthSong

GreatSkin.com

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

Elf Cosmetics

JewelryWeb.com Inc

justmysize.com

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
~~~~~~~~~~
Smallflower.com

MCSS_Logo_336x280

Bedford Fair Lifestyles

Amazon Quick Linker