The Blog of The Bride of Sesshomaru

Welcome


Welcome to my sewing, historical reenactment, and CosPlay blog! Here on this blog you will find all of my random thoughts about sewing, the SCA, manga, anime, CosPlay, costume making, embroidery, sewing historically accurate Japanese costumes, and my fandom of Lord Sesshomaru whom I CrossPlay as.

Lord Sesshomaru Banner

Thursday, January 7, 2010

More thoughts on writing doll patterns


pawpawpawpawpaw




black birdfall leaves centerblack bird


Tweets for you to read bottom to top on.


EelKatEelKat 
I like making doll houses - if they didn't cost so much money upfront to build, I might consider selling them



  • EelKatEelKat 

    of course I may decide to make extra sets of dolls to sell - we'll see how long each set takes to makefrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    yep, I'll be making several different sets of dolls - I know what I'm like, one set will never be enough :)from web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    I think it would be a perfect house for the seven dwarfs to live in actually or Red Riding Hood's grandmotherfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    It's very "fairy tale" so I'm thinking of making sets of fairy tale dolls as well as the gnome familyfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    and after about 12 years of customization, it's not the Glencroft House any more ;)from web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    my doll house started out in life as a "Glencroft Kit" if any one is familiar with doll houses, but was recut and altered by mefrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    so I'm going to call the doll pattern "Laughing Gnome Hollow" after the name of the doll housefrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    my doll house is sort of like a "hobbit house" but not in a hill, I designed it as a gnome house named Laughing Gnome Hollowfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    So the second set will be smaller sized - I'm thinking 8" like Rose Petal or 11" like Rainbow Bright sizes, maybe I'll do bothfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    I won't making any more of my big 18" - 30" dolls any time soon though, just because they take up so much time to make & room to storefrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    than, I'm going to remake the SAME dolls on a larger, child's-play-doll scale, though not sure what size I'll go with yetfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    so, I'm working on a set of 1/12 scale dolls, which I won't be selling, but I will be selling the pattern for once they are finishedfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    the doll house weighs about 75lbs and is very hard to move, but I never made the dolls to go in itfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    it's got real moss growing on the roof, and a stone fire place build out of fish tank gravel and mortarfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    the doll house is huge and has taken years and hundreds of dollars to build - it's a stucco and bean house with live cherry trees andfrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    I've made tons of 1/12 scale dolls before, but never did make the gnome/troll/fairy set to go with my ever growing 1/12 scale doll housefrom web




  • EelKatEelKat 

    making more doll pattern sketches - I've decided to make a set of 6" doll house ones ( 1/12 scale) first




  • Waiting for Emmett to come.





    http://twitter.com/EelKat
    http://www.facebook.com/EelKat
    http://eknano.blogspot.com
    http://eelkat.wordpress.com
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/132659
    http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/user/132659





    What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!


    Obsessed? I'm Not Obsessed... REALLY, I'm not!


    When Next You See Me I'll Look Like This:





    pawpawpawpawpaw



    -------------
    If you liked reading this blog and want to read more stuff written by me, I have lots of websites, where you can read other things I write, here are a few of the ones I like the best:





    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


    Blingo
    Post a Comment

    More Places That Sell Wigs, Make-Up, Shoes, and Other CosPlay and Costuming Supplies

    These guys have banners for me to display for you! YAY!
    You know I love adding pictures to my blog! LOL!

    Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.



    Elf Cosmetics

    NC Autumn06 11pc FSFR

    Bare Necessities

    usolympicshop.com

    New and improved 468x60 creative

    Willow Ridge (Arizona Mail Order)

    Promgirl

    Old Pueblo Traders

    Free Shipping Coupon Boot Banner 468x60

    Hawaiian Bath & Body

    HearthSong

    GreatSkin.com

    Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

    Forzieri.com / Firenze Seta srl

    Brownstone Studio (Arizona Mail Order)

    Elf Cosmetics

    JewelryWeb.com Inc

    justmysize.com

    Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Smallflower.com

    MCSS_Logo_336x280

    Bedford Fair Lifestyles

    Amazon Quick Linker